On Friday 1 March, 200 of our employees hit the red carpets of the Anglican Cathedral for the return of the 2019 Halewood Excellence Awards.
Now in its fourth year, the awards give everyone in our plant the chance to nominate a team or individual employee for any outstanding contributions they have made to our business and are open to everyone.
It was an action packed evening from start to finish and there were two new award categories added to the running order including the Customer First Team and the Spirit of Halewood.
There was another reason to celebrate on the night too as Friday’s event was a record breaking year for nominations, with an 81 percent increase from 2018.
With so many award entries across the board, even if you didn’t walk away with one of our coveted Excellence Awards’ gongs, being nominated is an unbelievable achievement in itself- so in our eyes, everyone who attended Friday’s awards is a winner.
We’ve included the full list of winners below and you can read the full story in the next edition of People Talk Monthly- coming soon!
1. Safety Award: Mike Burton
2. Quality Award: Dave Unsworth
3. Cost Award: Phillip McCullough
4. Delivery Award: Graham (Rocky) Rockcliffe
5. People and Community Award: Leanne Brown
6. Environment Award: Matt Fletcher
7. Business Team Award: BIW L551 Launch Team
8. Community Team Award: The Monster Cycle Team For Charlies Chance
9. Spirit of Halewood: Tony Gardner
10. Customer First Team: Phil Briscoe and Les Woods