As part of a long standing partnership with the Institute of Directors, Jaguar proudly sponsored the Inclusive Business category at this year’s Director of the Year Awards.
Hosted by Sir Trevor McDonald, the event celebrated the UK business sector, acknowledging a range of achievements by emerging entrepreneurs.
This year the Inclusive Business awards category was judged by Davy Price-Stephens, HR Director of Organisational Capability at Jaguar Land Rover which was awarded to Leona Barr-Jones, CEO, Focus7 International: East of England
Within the category competing for the 2019 Inclusive Business award, nominees were:
· Debbie Francis, Managing Director, Direct Rail Services: North West
· Jackie Henry MBE, Office Senior Partner, Deloitte: Northern Ireland
· Lynne Connolly, Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Standard Life Aberdeen: Scotland
· Sarah Gobran & Matt Pinches, Joint Artistic & Executive Producers Guilford Shakespeare Company: London &
· Mark Esho, Director, Easy Internet Services: East Midlands
· Charlotte Armitage, Managing Director, Yorkshire Academy of Film and Television Acting: Yorkshire & North East
Davy said, “I really appreciated being a part of the awards especially to recognise those businesses that are making positive strides towards being truly inclusive. It’s high on our agenda across JLR that we become an organisation that meets the aspirations of an increasingly diverse customer base through diversity in the workplace and an inclusive culture where our people can be their authentic selves. It’s great to see this happening consistently across the UK within other businesses too.”
Davy will feature in the next issue of Director Magazine where he focuses on Diversity and Inclusion. He explained, “At JLR, D&I is ultimately about supporting delivery of our Vision and Purpose - Experiences People Love, for Life. We need a diverse and engaged workforce that reflects both the communities that we work in as well as our global customer base. Inclusion is about being able to harness this potential and working much harder to build an organisation that is capable of unleashing this huge pool of talent, without constraints, on our brands and on our products.”
The partnership led by Victoria Gabriel, UK Fleet & Business Marketing Manager is an innovative way to drive our diversity agenda forward, whilst engaging B2B audiences and addressing a commercial objective for our Jaguar organisation.